Introducing...Miss Pug!


This blog will be ala Weddingbee style where the blogger is known by an icon. A while back, they had a post on characters remaining for new "bees", and I instantly knew what I would be...Miss Pug (after my dear furbaby)!


Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wedding Shower #1

I am very blessed and had quite a few people tell me they wanted to throw me a shower when they heard I was engaged.  This allowed me to have several small showers rather than one big one.  I opted for this because it would make the shower less of a financial burden for the host, and I would be able to spend more time with each of the guests.  Plus I hate being the center of attention...although, I don't quite know which is worse -- being the BIG center of attention once or being a smaller center of attention four times.

Tonight Mr. Pug's cousin threw me a shower at Pearl Country Club with all of Mr. Pug's family.  I hadn't met his whole family before, so it was good to finally meet all of them.  Men were included in this shower, and I'm glad Mr. Pug was there with me to keep me company and shoulder some of the attention.

We ate dinner, played games, and opened presents.  Cousin Pug did a great job organizing and incorporated a lot of little details like orchids (the "theme" of our wedding), fortune cookies with personalized fortunes, and a delicious lemon crunch cake.  We left with a carload of gifts and lots of food to take home.  Mr. Pug and I are so lucky to have such thoughtful and generous family!


No comments:

Post a Comment