Introducing...Miss Pug!


This blog will be ala Weddingbee style where the blogger is known by an icon. A while back, they had a post on characters remaining for new "bees", and I instantly knew what I would be...Miss Pug (after my dear furbaby)!


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Second Chance

Remember my dress dilemma?  Mr. Pug gave me permission to go dress shopping and try on other dresses.  David's Bridal recently opened it's first store in Hawaii, so we ventured over on a whim to see if they could fit us in.  When we got there, we registered at the front desk and our sales consultant, Daisy, came to get an idea of what we were looking for.  I told her strapless mermaid, no preference on color.  We gathered 3 dresses to try on, picked out some shoes, and she brought me some undergarments to use.

The first dress was a white trumpet style gown that I had liked on the website:

 I didn't care for the way the bottom flared out, and it just looked a little "messy".

Dress 2 was a satin ivory gown:

 

It felt a little plain, but I did like the ivory color better than the harsh white from the first dress.  Daisy agreed and thought that I would really like dress number 3 because it combined the elements I liked from the two dresses.

Dress number three is an ivory satin mermaid gown with a little beading at the neckline:



Daisy was right!  I loved it.  The dress somehow gave me a waist and the material was so soft.  It was comfy, and most importantly, I felt beautiful!  Mr. Pug liked it too!  I walked around in the store with it on for a bit deciding if I should take the plunge.  At this point Mr. Pug was all for it...there was just one problem...the week was less than 13 weeks away.  Ordering a dress in my size would take 12-15 weeks.  Daisy thought there might be a possibility it would come in earlier, but we didn't really want to take that chance.  She made a few phone calls to see when they could get it in.  February 7th...one day after the wedding.  I was bummed.  Daisy checked the computers to see if other stores had the dress in my size on the racks.  All petite dresses are special ordered, so I would have to get the regular size and have it hemmed.  The other downside is that it would cost $105 to get it shipped to the Hawaii store.  I was already over my dress budget (since I bought the first dress), so this new dress plus shipping plus alterations would be too much.  Then I got an idea...I asked which stores had the dress in my size, and one happened to be in Oregon near my brother's house.  I made the phone call to my brother to see if he could run down to the store, Daisy called the store to relay the information to them, and I called my mom to see if she could pick up my dress on her next flight to Oregon.  Half an hour later, I had purchased the dress (no tax -- bonus!) and just had to be patient while I waited for it to come home.  How exciting!  I never teared up or got "that feeling," but I love the dress and can't wait to wear it for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment