Introducing...Miss Pug!


This blog will be ala Weddingbee style where the blogger is known by an icon. A while back, they had a post on characters remaining for new "bees", and I instantly knew what I would be...Miss Pug (after my dear furbaby)!


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wedding Stress

The wedding has come and gone faster than I could have imagined.  The months of planning, the sleepless nights, the depleted savings -- all for one day.  I admit that in the last week or two before the wedding I was seriously wishing we had just eloped.  I broke out in hives all over my body -- something that had never happened before -- and the doctor concluded that it was probably stress-induced.  I wished I had a planner to just take care of everything so that I could just show up and enjoy the day.  Well, it was too late for that, so I worked hard the week before the wedding to do some serious planning and to communicate my vision and all the information to my Aunty who was acting as our DOC and the many, many helpers who had so graciously offered to help us.  My goal was to leave everything in their hands on the wedding day so that I could relax and enjoy the day.

The day and night before the wedding we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off.  We had to pick up items from our vendors (tuxes, chair covers, etc.), deliver centerpieces and favors to the catering office, and check into our hotel rooms.  At the same time I was still doing last-minute tasks like print table tents and guestlists for the reception table (they were purposely last-minute since I didn't want to have to redo them if things changed).  On top of that, we hadn't packed our overnight bags for the hotel or our suitcases for the mini-moon we'd be leaving on the day after.  I was also trying to find time to meet up with some out-of-town guests that had just flown in for the wedding since I knew I probably wouldn't get to see them much at the wedding.  In the rush of things I lost my cell phone and we got locked out of our hotel room.  Things were just not going well.  Then my brother said something that helped.  He said that there is always something that doesn't go right at weddings -- I'm just getting mine out of the way early.  Tune in next time to see if he was right ;)

Over the next few weeks, I'll continue my series of posts to catch you up on the rest of my planning, a recap of the wedding, vendor reviews, and of course, pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment