Introducing...Miss Pug!


This blog will be ala Weddingbee style where the blogger is known by an icon. A while back, they had a post on characters remaining for new "bees", and I instantly knew what I would be...Miss Pug (after my dear furbaby)!


Friday, January 22, 2010

Making it Legal

We went down to apply for our marriage license today.  I don't know why, but I had pictured the licensing office as being a lot more glamorous than it is.  I guess wedding are filled with such elegance and grandeur that I was a little surprised when we got to the marriage license office and it looked like this...



Very unassuming and to the point.  We sat down in the cramped office as the woman across the desk took the form we filled out and typed it into the computer (I couldn't help but think that this office could use some serious LEAN improvements to increase efficiency...those darn business school classes!).  After a quick glance at our ID's, collecting our $60 (cash only!), and making us raise our right hands and swear under oath that all the information we provided was true, that was it!  We walked out with marriage license in hand...we're one step closer to making it legal!

3 comments:

  1. yay! congrats!!! FI and I will be getting ours in September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the exact thing when we went to apply for our marriage license. It's really stark and to the point as you said. Somewhat deflating, but exciting nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Helen took a picture of me just like that.

    ReplyDelete