Introducing...Miss Pug!


This blog will be ala Weddingbee style where the blogger is known by an icon. A while back, they had a post on characters remaining for new "bees", and I instantly knew what I would be...Miss Pug (after my dear furbaby)!


Saturday, January 31, 2009

Venue Choice #2 - Waialae Country Club

You might remember that I had laid out characteristics of our "ideal" location:
- On Oahu, Hawaii (preferably not in Waikiki)
- Getting Ready + Ceremony + Location at one venue
- Able to accommodate ~150 guests
- Beautiful Scenery (preferably with a beach)
- Good Food
- Affordable

Using this criteria, we narrowed it down to 2 choices: Hale Koa and Waialae Country Club.

How Waialae Country Club stacks up to the criteria:
- On Oahu, Away from Waikiki
- Ceremony and Reception at one location, Getting Ready can be right next door at the Kahala Resort
- Able to accommodate 200+ guests
- Beautiful Scenery with a semi-secluded beach
- Pretty good food (based on my prior experiences there)
- Affordable???  I haven't spoken to an event coordinator yet, so I'm not really sure

Additional Pros:
- Free parking
- My family feels comfortable here
- Convenient location

Cons:
- For a larger party, some guests may be placed in a somewhat segregated area
- My cousin just had his wedding there
- Cannot be paid for with credit card (want to rack up those miles!)

Photo Credits:

(1) H.Liu (2) kai-photo.com (3) H.Liu
(4)MissPug (5) eugenekam.com (6) MissPug






No comments:

Post a Comment