Introducing...Miss Pug!


This blog will be ala Weddingbee style where the blogger is known by an icon. A while back, they had a post on characters remaining for new "bees", and I instantly knew what I would be...Miss Pug (after my dear furbaby)!


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Not "The One"

You may remember that I bought my dress on a whim back when we first got engaged.  I never did the whole dress shopping experience for "the one" and I hadn't even really tried it on before I bought it.  The dress sat in a box at my parents' house before I finally tried it on.  I was worried that I wouldn't like it since I had second thoughts on what kind of dress I wanted.

I finally brought the dress out of the box and tried it on...it fit perfectly and I loved it!  The corset back meant I could adjust the fit to my body, and the length was just right.  All I'd need to do is have it pressed before the big day.  I was so excited and pranced around the house for a bit before taking it off.  I had my mom take a few pictures of me in the dress so I would remember what it looked like as I shopped for accessories.

The next night, my mom emailed me the pictures she had taken.  Eeew!  I didn't like the way I looked in the dress.  I thought maybe it was because I didn't have any make-up on, so I cropped my face out of the picture.  I still didn't like it.  The flared skirt made me look short and stumpy, and I just didn't feel beautiful in it.  I pushed the photos aside and tried to remember how much I liked the dress when I saw it in person, but all I could picture in my mind were those horrible pictures.  I've been debating whether or not to post a picture, and I figured "why not?" -- the whole purpose of doing this blog is to document the wedding planning process -- the good and the bad, the pretty and the ugly...





The dress is a little wrinkled, but you get the point.  After mulling over this for a couple weeks, I finally brought up how I was feeling to Mr. Pug.  He didn't understand and didn't think I should spend more money on a second dress.  I talked to my mom about it and we decided to see if we could get the dress altered to be more fitted.  Since I was planning on spending $100 to have the dress pressed before the wedding, I thought this was a good option as they would probably press the dress as part of the alteration process.

I took the dress in to see what a tailor could do.  She pinned the sides to show what it would look like if she took the skirt in a bit, but I didn't see that big of a difference, and the price was more than I was expecting.




I'm still not sure what I should do.  Suck it up and make do with what I have (it doesn't look that bad, right?!) or spend the extra cash to get a dress I really like?  Anyone else end up buying a dress then changing your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment